Sunday, May 24, 2015

Naughty and Sweet....


The wedding day is one of the happiest day of a girl's life. That I would agree on, but any bride to be should not walk down the alter without having the proper celebrations with her nearest and dearest girlfriends.
 
There are a many ways a bride can celebrate her hen's night, it could be from an elegant sophisticated bridal shower with canapés and sparkling wine to something a bit more wild like a hens' night.
 
This story is about the latter in March 2014, a order was given for a Chippendale model cake. Now this was interesting. this was going to be one of my first 3D cake of a human body and it also was the first time I was making a naughty cake.
 
The cake was chocolate covered in chocolate ganache. Easy peasy, the challenge to come was how am I going to get perfect six pack. After quiet a bit of brainstorming and coming up with crazy ideas such as adding cereal treats inbetween to painting six packs on the fondant, I decided my trade was going to be was to ensure that every part of shi shi's cakes was going to be edible. So I was going to carve out the six pack from the cake. Easy at sounded, I had to make sure each pack was equal to the other and at the same time keeping a vigilant eye to see that my mother doesn't pop a piece of cake that I had set aside for the other parts of the cake. An interesting task indeed, when I have plenty of family members always ready to eat the crumbs.
 
The end result was better than expected. The whole cake took 5 hours to complete at the end of which you got this.....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment