Wednesday, October 30, 2013

For all the soccer fanatics

This was an opportunity that I couldn't refuse. The order was for a soccer ball on a green field, with the Manchester united logo attached. Simple it did sound but I had no clue how to cake a round dome shape out of cake. It would have been simple for me to have found a cake tray that was a semi circle, however the order was for a ribbon cake.

To all my followers who aren't aware of what a ribbon cake is, it is basically a light pound cake with one layer colored in pink and the other layer colored in green and the frosting is an almond flavored butter cream. 

So after quite a bit of research and viewing many videos on youtube, I got the art of carving a basic round cake into a curvy round ball. 

2 Tier ribbon cake with almond flavored butter cream, covered with vanilla fondant

No comments:

Post a Comment